Processing separate tracks

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

guitarl

Processing separate tracks

Post by guitarl »

I am currently putting together my Pro Tools 003 system. I am almost sold on getting Drumagog because I will need some sort of replacer program for my work. What seems to be missing in this program is a way to process a new file or "process in place". I understand that it works as a plug-in in real time but many times I like to make a new file and tweak the new file further. Please tell me if there are any process (new file) options in Drumagog.
Supersonic
Expert

Post by Supersonic »

Freezing the track or bouncing it and then re-importing it is what I always do.
Supersonic Samples @ Drumagog
Heavy Hitters Edition Coming Soon!!!
guitarl

Post by guitarl »

I had considered bouncing. It just seems like hassle, especially if I am doing multiple tracks, but it would work. What is freezing?[/quote]
Supersonic
Expert

Post by Supersonic »

Freezing is when the track is, essentially, temporarily rendered in place. When tracks are frozen, however, you can't mess with any of the plugs on the channel. You are "commiting" to free up processor/dsp power. Unfreezing brings the track back to an editable state but returns the dsp load. I'm not sure 003 has anything like that, unfortunately.
Supersonic Samples @ Drumagog
Heavy Hitters Edition Coming Soon!!!
Flávio

Post by Flávio »

The best solution would be export as a wave file and re-import into your project as explained by E.
guitarl

Post by guitarl »

Cool, I think I can live with that. Thanks guys.
Mike_Spink

processing tracks

Post by Mike_Spink »

an easier way to 'print' drumagog tracks as a 'rendered' new audio file in pro tools - would be to 'bus' the output of the drumagog track to a new audio track where you can 'record' your newly treated sample replaced track.

All you have to do is output the original 'drumagog audio track' (say snare for example) to a bus instead of an audio interface output - (go to i/o on the track set the output to bus 1 for example) -

Then create a new audio track and name it 'snare sample' or 'replaced snare' etc..... set the input of that audio track to bus 1 (the input from the drumagog audio track'). Set the output of the 'replaced snare' to an appropriate audio output on your interface and simple hit F12 to record the whole new treated snare track to a new audio trackin real time.....

this is just an alternative way of rendering or bouncing the treated drumagog tracks as new audio tracks. Once you've done this you can make the original snare (or whichever drum track) inactive to save on processor power.

Hope this helps

Mike