General Drumagog questions

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Unknown Gnome

General Drumagog questions

Post by Unknown Gnome »

Hi all,

Noob here. I'm considering buying Drumagog and would like a few opinions:

1) Is BFD essential to have? How are your results if you don't have BFD?

2) Is a sample library (i.e. Steven Slate, etc.) worth the money or are the included Drumagog samples enough?

I plan on blending my live drum tracks with Drumagog if this helps.

Thanks for any help!
Flávio

Post by Flávio »

What you want to do whit the Drumagog, exactly?

You need a sample collection, not necessarily BFD. There are some good options to use with Drumagog, For example : Supersonic Samples , Steven Slate Drums, Rick Will Drums, Farview Recording, and more.

I use the Supersonic Samples and I can say that are very, very good samples.
Unknown Gnome

Post by Unknown Gnome »

So far I'm making a CD of just me playing all instruments in my basement home studio. I want to use Drumagog to blend in samples with the real close-mic sounds I've already recorded (which only sound so-so).

From what I read Drumagog by itself does come with a large sample library. I'm wondering if these samples are any good or if I should seriously consider buying Steven Slate or Supersonic or whatever.

I'm also wondering the same about BFD (is it worth the extra money?).

Thanks for the reply...
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Very good library with Drumagog. You'll have MANY sounds to choose from.

Be aware that you will need the version of Drumagog that'll interface with BFD, if you go that route.

At this point in time, only BFD 1.5 works with Drumagog. You may not be able to find a version of BFD 1.5 easily.

BFD 2 will soon work with Drumagog... but who knows when.

I have NO experience with anything other than the stock Drumagog sounds and BFD 1.5/2. I am very happy with the results I get using the BFD option.
Unknown Gnome

Post by Unknown Gnome »

Thanks for the reply, zumbido 8)

Just an update in case anyone else has the same questions I did....

I decided against BFD after I took a closer look at the price tag (yikes :shock:) and have not yet bought a sample library. So I set out with just Drumagog Pro.

I feel like my drum tracks have literally been saved from mediocrity. HUGE improvement and (I feel) plenty of flexibility with Pro alone.

Maybe one day I'll decide I need a broader sample library and pick up Supersonic...but right now I am loving the Gog :D