help w/ cool edit pro 2.0

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

monkeysquash

help w/ cool edit pro 2.0

Post by monkeysquash »

I've installed drumagog, but I can't find it in my effects list anywhere. Please help
maskedman72
Expert

Post by maskedman72 »

you have to unlock it. did you enter a cpu id?
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

That's not true - Drumagog does not need to be unlocked before it shows up in the plugin list. There's another topic in this forum about installing Drumagog for use with Samplitude. Please have a look there.

Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs
monkeysquash

Post by monkeysquash »

i can't find anywhere for VST plugins
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Please read the previous topic in the forums about getting Drumagog to work with Samplitude 8.

Regards,
Rim
monkeysquash

Post by monkeysquash »

Right. Read it.

What I'm saying is that I can't find where in Cool Edit Pro where I can send the program to search in that folder to find the VST plug in

Hence where you sent him in samplitude to options, system, paths/skins. I need directions to the same destination, but through CEP 2.0
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Sorry - I should have read the title of your post more carefully - I thought you were using Samplitude 8. Cool Edit does not support VST plugins at all, so it's not possible to use Drumagog directly with your program. Adobe Audition (starting with version 1.5) does support VST plugins, but Cool Edit does not. You have two options:

1. Use an older version of Drumagog (v3.09): http://www.drumagog.com/drumagog3demo.exe This is a Direct-X version and will work with Cool Edit. If you purchase the current Drumagog version, you automatically have access to unlock the older version.

2. Use a VST-to-Direct-X adapter (like DirectiXer: http://tonewise.com/DirectiXer/ ) This will let you use the current Drumagog version in Cool Edit because it converts it to a Direct-X plugin.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
jamesb

Post by jamesb »

Hello,

I thought I would post in this topic because I am also using Drumagog 3 with Cool Edit Pro. My problem is this: when I try to replace a track, in preview mode, instead of the drum sound I want, Drumagog makes noises like a Piano instead of the drum sound I've selected. Also, when I hit "OK," instead of replacing the drum track, the entire track gets replaced with silence. I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

If you're hearing piano notes, it's possible that you have the Synth section turned on. Make sure this is set to "Off" first.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.