New user - sample stacking question

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

rjb

New user - sample stacking question

Post by rjb »

Hi there - just downloaded the demo and have a small question.

What I'd like to do (and what I currently do with Aptrigga) is to stack several samples to play simultaneously on triggering - i.e. I like to mix several samples together which play together on each hit - while it's clear that Drumagog allows multisample playback over velocity zones, or randomly alternating, I don't see a way to just have a couple of samples play back at the same time. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing? I'm hoping to replace Aptrigga with Drumagog, but this functionality is important to me.

TIA,
rich
E

Post by E »

try two instances of drumagog on the same track and blending the second instance with the first via blend knob.
rjb

Post by rjb »

E wrote:try two instances of drumagog on the same track and blending the second instance with the first via blend knob.
Thanks for the suggestion. I guess this is another way of saying it doesn't support stacking samples?

Anyone else?

Thanks!
rich
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

No it doesn't. I thought Aptrigga was also a mono sample player, as well. Hmm...

If you combine samples together into one wav/aif/gog, then you can load that into Drumagog as one sample.

Otherwise, try the above method.
rjb

Post by rjb »

zumbido wrote:No it doesn't. I thought Aptrigga was also a mono sample player, as well. Hmm...

If you combine samples together into one wav/aif/gog, then you can load that into Drumagog as one sample.

Otherwise, try the above method.
Thanks Zumbido

Hmm, too bad. Aptrigga plays back stereo samples, and in addition supports different velocity zones, up to 4 "stacked" samples, and a few other multi-sample modes. Unfortunately, the UI and othe features are much nicer in Drumagog - still, I don't think I can do what I need without being able to mix multiple samples...

Thanks again,
Rich
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

It's easy to mix multiple samples by stacking more than one Drumagog in your plugin list, then set the blend control on each, to ensure the proper blending (or make two copies of the same track and put Drumagog on both tracks).

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Rim wrote:It's easy to mix multiple samples by stacking more than one Drumagog in your plugin list, then set the blend control on each, to ensure the proper blending (or make two copies of the same track and put Drumagog on both tracks).

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Thanks for the suggestions Rim, having to tweak triggering on 3 or 4 instantiations simultaneously, plus the added CPU drain would make it a little too cumbersome for me...

oh well...thanks again,
rich
jared_ectremors

Post by jared_ectremors »

What I did when layering 3 snares together was mix down a wave file with snare 1. Then another with snare 2, and again with snare 3. I inserted each wave file as it's own track and then removed the drumagog plugin. This gave me a lot of flexibility when it came time to mix. Once everything was triggered properly, I didn't have to worry if it would do it again. And it doesn't strain your CPU.