errors with the 4.10 upgrade.

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

maskedman72
Expert

errors with the 4.10 upgrade.

Post by maskedman72 »

im trying to go from 4.08 to 4.10 and during the install process i get the following error (running pro tools le 6.4 on a pc)

"file crc mismatch data integrity error, decompression error has been detected #7"

anyone know what is going on here?

i tried to download and install 4.09 first, but it is no longer posted here for d/l.

thanks -jay
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

This is just a common file corruption error that happens when your download gets corrupted. Just delete the file, then download it again.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
lydpik

Post by lydpik »

Rim wrote:Hi,

This is just a common file corruption error that happens when your download gets corrupted. Just delete the file, then download it again.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Hey Rim! I also get an error after updating to 4.10... (Pro Tools 7.3) Drumagog has returned to the demo version and it doesn't help to type in my unlock code.

I have downloaded and installed the upgrade twice, but it didn't help!

What would you suggest me to do??

Peter
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

Hi,

This is a completely different issue than the file corruption the previous poster was talking about. Unlocking issues are easily solved by reinstalling the Full Retail version, then getting a new unlock code.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
lydpik

Post by lydpik »

Rim wrote:Hi,

This is a completely different issue than the file corruption the previous poster was talking about. Unlocking issues are easily solved by reinstalling the Full Retail version, then getting a new unlock code.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
You're right Rim, I sould have posted in another thread... Sorry for that and thanks a lot for your help!! :oops:
maskedman72
Expert

Post by maskedman72 »

i downloaded the upgrade again and installed it and the smae thing happened as before.

any ideas?
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

I suggest trying the Full Retail version instead of the update (the full retail version always has the latest update already in it, so you don't need to download the update afterwards). Any time you install the retail version, you'll need to unlock your copy again.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
maskedman72
Expert

Post by maskedman72 »

Rim wrote:I suggest trying the Full Retail version instead of the update (the full retail version always has the latest update already in it, so you don't need to download the update afterwards). Any time you install the retail version, you'll need to unlock your copy again.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
how can i get a copy of the full retail version?

also, should i un-install all of the old versios and updates before i install the new retail version?
Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim »

To download the full retail version, just go to the download page, then click the link at the bottom, under Retail Downloads and Updates.

There's no need to uninstall anything, or install any updates afterwards, since the retail version always contains the latest update in it.

Best Regards,
Rim Buntinas
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.