help with drumagog pls

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

damobigg

help with drumagog pls

Post by damobigg »

Hello, I am only new to drumagog and fairly new to recording.
I currently use cubase sx3 and trigger my drums with ddrum triggers and use a Alesis dm5 for a drum brain.

I don't really like any off the snare sounds on the dm5 so I want to replace the snare with another sample with drumagog.

Is there anyway you can use drumagog to replace the snare track with a different snare for good without having to keep drumagog opened as a plugin always on that track.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks damo
zumbido
Expert

Post by zumbido »

Record the new snare to another track.

Deactivate the original track with Drumagog still inserted just in case you need to go back.

Save.
damobigg

Post by damobigg »

Thanks I will give that a go,

Also I have another post on here about the Andy Sneap gog files that were posted, but am yet to get a reply.

When I try bringing them into drumagog as a external audio file , they give off this piercing screech with no drum sound that makes me have to turn off my monitors immediately,
would you have any idea why this could be ?

Thanks
Farview
Expert

Post by Farview »

In cubase, double click on the snare track to bring up the editor. Right click and choose plugins and find drumagog. Set up drumagog with the snare you want and hit process. It is now permanent.

The other way to do it is to freeze the track. It's kind of hard to explain, just look up freze track in the manual.