Favorites Not Saving

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

End Over End Studios

Favorites Not Saving

Post by End Over End Studios »

Hello,
I would like to know how to get the "add to favorites" option to function properly.
The Favorites I have selected stay in the window when the Host app is open, when the host is closed and reopened the favorites are gone.
I do have one random gog that does stay in the window though so I have hope that its user error and there might be a fav file to write to..
PLEASE let us know if this function does not work properly and I will copy my favorite gogs into a folder old school style if that's the case.
I did a search on this and found that we had some bugs that were bad in the past -understood if we have to work around it.
All file permissions on the file folder are (ALL) for all user accounts and admin.

Thanks

Win 10/ Sonar X2

Experienced DAW User - 10years
Sonar Producer X2 / PT HDN 11.3
Win 10 AE 64
Intel I7 2600k/Revb OC'd to 4.5 ghz x 4
16gb RAM
Corey W
Expert

Re: Favorites Not Saving

Post by Corey W »

Yes, there is an issue with saving favorites. It doesn't happen in all DAWs and we are looking into possible bugs effecting the functionality.
End Over End Studios

Re: Favorites Not Saving

Post by End Over End Studios »

FYI,
My workaround for not saving the Favorites properly is this: (in Sonar X2 on Windows 10 using VST Presets)

In theory if we save the preset name as the gog file name you will have best insight as to the sound the preset will be.

1 Right click gog and select rename (it is highlighted text in window now) copy the name of the file (Ctl C)example snare.gogclose the dialog box (cancel)
2 go to save preset in the VST dropdown, Save VST Preset As: paste the name of gog (snare.gog)= Save it

While you are at it with the text on the clipboard, copy he gog file name to the BOUNCED TRACK.
I UMMMM need to implore you to bounce them drums to wave mixdowns as often as possible, if you lose your OS on your machine you will lose your sound setups and it is always better sounding to run a wave file as opposed to drumagog in realtime. Your CPU will agree with me.

I made folders inside of the VST presets location folder that are divided by / My Plugin Presets/Druamgog/kick/snare/toms,
I also made a copy of the gog folder -then moved all kicks into a single folder, all snares ect -so I could eliminate all of the folder mess.
I copied the new gog folder renamed to "gog samples" next to the old one and left the old one there to not break earlier presets and now I use the new folder and the VST preset folder hierarchy, this saves time! I keep my older VST Presets in a separate folder so I can trash them after I am migrated.
Please note that I found SD2.0 plugin to totally rock inside of drumagog as well so you may find new sounds with plugin nesting that you have never tested out, be patient when setting it up. its a little fussy but it does work well. (you may have to map the midi note to the drum you want but it is worth the learning curve as its only one midi note# to search for in the process, not a whole drumkit)

As we all know the VST preset management really stinks and we always have to drill down to find the folder we keep our Presets in, do yourself a favor and put a shortcut on your desktop so when the App loses focus on where the folder is, you can easily get to it. (I keep mine in a google drive folder so I never lose my presets ever again) you will find that folder on the root of C:/users/yourusername/google drive/My Plugin Presets/Druamgog/kick (ect) - it's a strange location for some folks.

Please chime in with your thoughts!

I will update the workflow for Pro Tools soon.

Bryan
Sonar Producer X2 / PT HDN 11.3
Win 10 AE 64
Intel I7 2600k/Revb OC'd to 4.5 ghz x 4
16gb RAM