Pro tools 11 aax

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Raggi

Pro tools 11 aax

Post by Raggi »

Hi. I saw a post about 64bit drumagog coming up, but is this also aax version for pro tools?
Im using drumagog 5.11 and i would need It for PT v11.
Chris M
Expert

Re: Pro tools 11 aax

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

Yes, an AAX version is also in the works. 64-bit is our priority now, but AAX is certainly on the horizon.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Raggi

Post by Raggi »

Hi.
Any update on when we can see AAX2 (64bit) for Pro-tools 11?
I really need a drum trigger asap .
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

At this time, we cannot give a specific date--we're still working on the update, but we hope to have it ready soon.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Raggi

Post by Raggi »

Any update on the Win AAX 64bit?
mb66

Post by mb66 »

Just wanted to bump this. This is a must-have plug before I upgrade!
dzb

Post by dzb »

Hi Drumagog Team -

Long time customer - studio dying here in Chicago for drum replacement with PT 11 AAX 64 bit.

I've held off clients and worked around not having drumagog with PT 11. Now that all other vital plug-ins and a majority of minor plugs are doing so well with the AAX 64 bit PT 11 environment, the missing key to doing A LOT more work on some records {for me} is Drumagog.

I am completely willing to pay for an upgrade - not looking for freebee - I just really love the Drumagog software. If there is no indication this is coming soon (as in 2013) I'm going to have to make the move to get a software that is already released that does 64 bit AAX, which is something I would loath doing but my hands are really tied without the capability. And this also means several freelance engineers follow suit because we all exchange files.

Send a smoke signal.... pleassssse.

Dave
Energy Command Studios
Arlington Heights, IL
JMK

Post by JMK »

Work around. Use Drumagog in 10, then bounce to 11. Its what I do for the time being.
dzb

Post by dzb »

I was so stoked when I saw a message pop-up in my email this morning related to this thread, thinking Christmas (2013) finally arrived... but... sadly (no offense to prior poster) a workaround for us pro PT 11 users is not going to cut it.

But, what does cut it for me - and this should be a very resoundingly loud message to the Drumagog folks - again, not trying to be mean here, just simply pointing out that after months of empty answers the wait can no longer be... especially with the rediculous black friday discounts from a competitor that has drum replacement working in PT 11 AAX 64 bit.

Drumgagog... this is the last lifeline I have - I am willing to pay, love your product, just need to plan my work in the studio - and I can't do that without a drum replacement product - my clients wont wait... and that means loss of revenue... and that translates into my other engineers following suite to be on the identical platform as the studio... and, by the way, we have interns who also do buy and get exposure to the tools we use... all of which could be revenue for Drumagago...

Again - not trying to be mean here - I just want a date or an honest, "we don't know when".

Thank you for any attention you are giving AAX 64 bit - ideally it translates to an early December surprise?

-Dave
samth3mancgp

Post by samth3mancgp »

Hi,

I need an AAX 64 bit version of Drumagog 5 very VERY soon. I don't know how much more I can take of ProTools 10's bullshit. It crashes all the time because it cannot address enough memory. ProTools 11 is almost unbelievable with how much it is capable of doing.

Slate Trigger is looking MIGHTY fine at the moment.. It would only cost me about $100 to get Platinum right now. Plus it comes with significantly better included samples.

People have been bugging you all about 64 bit versions since 2011, right?! I know it took some other companies a good while to get the updates for AAX finished up, but now Drumagog is one of the only ones left!

Please Please give us all a real release date for Drumagog AAX :( :( :(
dzb

Post by dzb »

Just chiming in since I saw the tickler come in that the topic was touched on. We pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on the product you just mentioned. Sad to do it as I liked Drumagog, but it was looking so bleak we had to do something.

Yes, Pro Tools 11 is the promise land that arrived - overall very stable and the AAX 64 plug-ins are plentiful.... well... except for around here.

P.S. We've been long loyal customers of DGog and referred many people to the Drumagog products (engineers and clients) - not a slam on the product, just unfortunate that PT 11 has moved on too fast... in good faith, we looked for smoke signals from DGog (see prior posts, and those were months after inkling that we were itching via email and a phone call). I noticed another company send a smoke signal email publically that some of their other (non-drum) products were about to be AAX 64 (while they already have some AAX 64 released) - that demonstrates progress & at least that can help us in the field prepare. Leaving us in the dark, is... well... dark.
samth3mancgp

Post by samth3mancgp »

dzb wrote:Just chiming in since I saw the tickler come in that the topic was touched on. We pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on the product you just mentioned. Sad to do it as I liked Drumagog, but it was looking so bleak we had to do something.

Yes, Pro Tools 11 is the promise land that arrived - overall very stable and the AAX 64 plug-ins are plentiful.... well... except for around here.

P.S. We've been long loyal customers of DGog and referred many people to the Drumagog products (engineers and clients) - not a slam on the product, just unfortunate that PT 11 has moved on too fast... in good faith, we looked for smoke signals from DGog (see prior posts, and those were months after inkling that we were itching via email and a phone call). I noticed another company send a smoke signal email publically that some of their other (non-drum) products were about to be AAX 64 (while they already have some AAX 64 released) - that demonstrates progress & at least that can help us in the field prepare. Leaving us in the dark, is... well... dark.
I just decided to purchase Trigger 2 Platinum.. Hoping to get a bit of cash for my Drumagog 5 Pro License. Sorry guys, you were just too late to the party. I loved Drumagog 4/5 on ProTools 8-10, but it is time to move on.
JMK

Post by JMK »

There is now AAX support. Just go to your Drumagog acct and download the new 5.2 Mac release. Works on Mavericks OS as well.
Raggi

Post by Raggi »

Thanks. I will check it out later :)