64-bit Drumagog - FINALLY?

Moderators: Rim, Corey W

Dreamland

64-bit Drumagog - FINALLY?

Post by Dreamland »

Hello,
I am running Cubase 6.5 and 7 (64-bit) on a Windows-7/64bit machine, and Drumagog 5.11 seems to be the last plugin, which is not available in a 64-bit version. Please give some information about if and when this will be available.
Thanks,
Hans
Chris M
Expert

Re: 64-bit Drumagog - FINALLY?

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

64-bit is in the works! We can't specify a timeline, but we are working on it and it is on the horizon.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Dreamland

Post by Dreamland »

Thanks, Chris. My problem with this is, that we get the same answer since more than 18 months. Shoudn't it be possible after such a long time to give a concrete schedule, at least?
Thanks,
Hans
javahut

Post by javahut »

Dreamland wrote:My problem with this is, that we get the same answer since more than 18 months. Shoudn't it be possible after such a long time to give a concrete schedule, at least?
Thanks,
Hans
Apparently not. :?
chefmike8888

Post by chefmike8888 »

I agree.
The 64 bit version is WELL overdue.
I only have 2 plug-ins left in my 32 bit folder.

1- Drumagog
2- Kjaerhus Classic

I have no complaints with Kjaerhus because he has a good excuse. He retired.
I don't really use them too often but since it's hard to even find a download link for them I keep the installer in case someone out there would like them.

But I digress.

Please get on the ball with this. I really love my Drumagog and don't want to go elsewhere but if this "on the horizon" isn't at least announced buy this summer I'll have no choice.

PLEASE don't make me go. You guys have always been one of the best teams to deal with and have always responded and dealt with any issue or question I hit you with. And quickly too.
That customer service goes a long way but being so late to get on the 64 bit train does not.
I'm a little bit in awe that being the great company you are that this has happened.

Come on guys....I'm pulling for ya here. :)

Mike
javahut

Post by javahut »

April 2013, May 2013, June 2013, July 2013... Wow. It's surprising how some of these 'companies' that used to be considered tops in there field take so long when it comes to just keeping their product adequately supported and updated for compatibility with current technology. They either no longer really care that much and would rather be doing something else, don't have the programming chops, or don't have the funding/resources to get the job done in a timely, professional manner... or some combination of the three. Reminds me a lot of Audio Ease Altiverb (for Win x64). Native support for x64 has been "coming soon" for what must be years now. If you ask about it... it's the same answer over and over. Disappointing to say the least.
sal@angelstudio.us

Post by sal@angelstudio.us »

I kinda gave up on Drumagog this guy is not serious on the 64 bit version.

I know use Drumtrigger 64 bit, which I use with BFD2 or you can use it with a synth. works great @$39.

Just don't understand why a company that can do 64 bit @$39 and Drumagog which is much more can't get it together.

Sal
Angel Studio
Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M »

Hello,

We have added 64-bit updates for the Mac VST and AU version of Drumagog! We will be adding Windows 64-bit and an AAX version soon. The 5.2 update should be available in your account.

It also addresses bug fixes from 5.11, so if you're running it in 32-bit mode (on ProTools < 11, for example) there are worthwhile fixes.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
javahut

Post by javahut »

Chris M wrote:Hello,

We have added 64-bit updates for the Mac VST and AU version of Drumagog! We will be adding Windows 64-bit and an AAX version soon. The 5.2 update should be available in your account.

It also addresses bug fixes from 5.11, so if you're running it in 32-bit mode (on ProTools < 11, for example) there are worthwhile fixes.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Awesome!!! Doesn't help me in the least. Where's the Win x64 version? Okay, then... when will there be a Windows x64 version? Okay, then... will there be an x64 Drumagog for Win before the end of 2013? Are you sure Drumagog and Altiverb aren't actually the same people?
Raggi

Post by Raggi »

HI
Any news on the ETA for Win 64bit AAX version?
FinnArild
Expert

Post by FinnArild »

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3629 ... f-software

First answer is a bit harsh, if you read down there's some more complete answers. Drumagog has after all an old heritage. I guess that legacy makes it more work to convert. Software designed in the later years will be easier to convert.

That being said: please get a move-on will ya :) ...
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

Still no sign?
Right now, D5 is unusable for me as all my DAW are now 64-bit, and running a 32-bit D5 in a 64-bit DAW does not work when trying to trigger via BFD2.
It is a case of it will run at first, but as soon as I try to open a saved project - crash.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.
FinnArild
Expert

Post by FinnArild »

It runs - if not optimally - for me on Cubase 7 with jBridger. However, it starts to peak my CPU if use more than one instance.

Wawemachine - if you update Drumagog before the end of October, I will pledge to upgrade to Platinium.
neilwilkes
Expert

Post by neilwilkes »

FinnArild wrote:It runs - if not optimally - for me on Cubase 7 with jBridger. However, it starts to peak my CPU if use more than one instance.

Wawemachine - if you update Drumagog before the end of October, I will pledge to upgrade to Platinium.
I am trying to run Platinum, and believe me it is no joke when all sessions end up corrupted & unloadable.
Nuendo 5, 5.5 & 6 and Cubase 6,7 & 7.5 with WK-ID Controller.
Fully 64-bit Intel Xeon E5-2687W 8-Core CPU with 32GB Quad Channel RAM
Adam A7 x 5, RME RayDAT 1 into 2 RME ADI-8 DS, Tascam DA-88 to RME ADI-8.